Healthy eating habits are crucial for one’s well-being. Eating healthy food can benefit a person in almost every aspect of life. It nourishes body and provides energy to effectively perform the tasks of everyday life. Lots of health problems are related to poor dietary habits like heart disease, type II diabetes and some forms of cancers. Mind’s ability to work well is a direct result of nutritional intake as a human brain cannot develop well without the essential input of protein in everyday life.
It is important to take good care for your nutrition intake, here are some tips:
Tips on proper Nutrition
- Healthy eating is not about deprivation or starving! You need to add healthy diet plan, exercise and good habits of leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Your food should give you sufficient calories but it should not be more than what your body requires. It is also important to keep a check on your calorie intake and the rate of your calorie consumption through workout and physical activity.
- Eat balanced diet containing complete nutritional values like whole grains, fruits, vegetables, legumes, beans. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber, and less in cholesterol. Try to add fresh foods in your diet.
- Avoid eating too much! Keep check on your food choices and track the number of servings you eat. Serving size should also be important to examine before eating.
- Drink plenty of water to flush out toxic materials from your body.
- Consumption of sugary foods should be reduced along with refined-grain products and salts.
- Intake of fried foods and sweets should be an occasional treat for you.
- Fluid intake is of extreme importance for your body. Try to drink plenty of water, fruits also contain high water content and fruit juices can also cleanse your body.
Delicious food is one of the life’s greatest pleasures and for many of us tasty meals are crucial to existence. Who don’t want to cook healthy and delicious foods to protect him/her self and family from chronic diseases?
Here are some healthy cooking recipes for you:
- 1 Hass avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon black pepper
- Softly mix avocado, onion, jalapeño and lime juice. Do not mash.
- Put it in tomato and cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Protein: 1.1g
- Fiber: 3g
Spicy Maple Chicken Wings
- 1 Cup tomato purée
- 1 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup sugar-free pancake syrup
- 2 Tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 Pounds chicken wings
- In a large sauce pot over high heat, put tomato purée, water, syrup, chicken seasoning and garlic to a boil.
- Separate the wings at the joint and discard the wing tips. Add wings to pot, turn heat down to low, cover and simmer five-minute. Uncover and cook for twenty minutes more until wings are fully cooked. Put wings to a platter and keep it cooking until liquid thickens to form a glaze, about ten more minutes.
- Season to taste with hot sauce (Tobasco, if desired), salt and pepper. Put chicken wings back to pot and toss to coat well.
- Heat broiler; arrange wings on broiler pan. Broil until crisp, about five minutes each side.
Happy healthy eating!