Teenage is the time of rapid and usually uncomfortable and awkward physical development. While many teens worry about gaining weight, some of teenage males like to bulk up. It is important to encourage healthy muscle building to avoid exposure to any unhealthy temptations. Strength training using your own body weight or lighter weights is the most appropriate way or teenagers to gain muscles. Want to get tips about getting muscles in teenage? Read on.
Design a proper workout program
Instead of indulging yourself in a random exercise routine, go with proper strategy and design a workout program. Strength training is an amazing way of building muscles and strengthening tendons. However, it is important to know that only light weight exercises are beneficial for teenagers. Heavy weight lifting exercises are appropriate for adults only, a young body can’t handle the heavy loads. In fact, beginning serious weight lifting workout routine can leave your body vulnerable to injuries, which can keep you from building muscles in future as well. As a teenager, you should opt for exercises with low weight but high repetitions.
Make sure to eat enough protein
If you really want to build muscles in teenage, make sure to add enough protein to your diet. Teenagers need about 1.6 to 1.7 grams of protein per kg of weight. Adding lean meat, low fat dairy and beans to your diet will help you meet the requirement of protein.
Make carbohydrate-protein balance
Balance carbohydrates with protein. It is important because healthy carbohydrates work as fuel for exercise. If you don’t have enough carbohydrates in your diet, protein won’t help you build muscles, rather it will be used for energy. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables and add whole-grain bread, cereals and pasta to your diet.
Here are some more tried and tested tips for gaining lean muscles.
- Eat at least five meals a day including three meals and two snacks.
- Eat larger portions than normal in meals.
- Make your snacks convenient and non-perishable such as cereal bars, trail mix, peanut butter crackers, raisins, fruits, sports bars and liquid meals.
- Take a snack before going to the bed such as peanut butter or jelly sandwich with milk.
- Drink high calorie and nutrient rich shakes and smoothies.
- Get foods with high calories like bananas instead of apples, nuts instead of pretzels and granola instead of flakes.
Many teenagers want to develop muscles and no doubt it is important too but in order to achieve your goals, you need to move with proper strategy. Follow proper workout and diet plan to get successful results.