Exercise is a best way to keep you active and proves as an essential part of better body function. Fitness doesn’t impact body but is crucial to mental processes as well. Now it is proved that exercise is imperative for controlling mental stress, reducing fatigue, enhancing health and concentration.
Here are some simple fitness tips which help manage your stress and keep your mind and body relaxed:
- Jogging, walking, biking and dancing three to five times a week for thirty minutes provides the best stress-relief.
- It is useful to set small goals on daily basis as consistency is better than haste. Walk each day for 15 to 20 minutes instead of waiting till the weekend for a three-hour marathon. Lots of modern researches indicate that light exercise done with consistency is more important than intense workouts done occasionally.
- Engage yourself in fitness activities that are fun and healthy. Professionals suggest preferring classes and group exercise sessions. Those who are more introverted usually go for solo hunts.
- Exercising with tutorials prove to be further helpful. Generally people find it more fun to work out while listening to something they enjoy like music.
- Find an exercise partner! It is usually interesting and easier to keep your workout routine regular by following it with your partner.
- Patience is of utmost importance when starting a new workout regimen.
In order to manage stress, controlled-breathing exercises offer benefits especially experiencing high level stress. Here are some breathing exercises that can be performed for more or less than three to five minutes. These exercises have been proved as extremely helpful in stress control.
- Sit upright in a comfortable position.
- Concentrate on your current state and existence. Wipe out disturbing and unpleasant thoughts. If you want, you can also close your eyes.
- Focus on your breathing. Slowly breath-in through the nose by taking few seconds.
- Breath-out through your mouth by concentrating to make the exhalation time last twice as long as the inhalation time.
- Repeat this focused breathing session for three to five minutes.
You can extend the focused breathing session to 15 to 20 minutes on daily basis. As you keep it consistent, your body will get trained to relax in stressful situations.