If you are in bodybuilding or planning to get in it, many important things that can help you achieve your goals need your consideration. Proper workout routine is no doubt an essential factor but you will need to follow proper diet routine as well. Certain meals can make you get most from your workout routine. In this article, we will share perfect meals for your bodybuilding diet.
Before knowing meals, let’s have a look on some required nutrient rich food that should in a bodybuilder’s diet.
- Eggs – omega 3: Eggs have been criticized as artery-clogging and cholesterol rich foods but research have showed that it’s not so for those who are in proper workout routines, especially for building muscles. Egg yolks are rich in cholesterol but it serves as support for steroid hormones and intake of leucine in egg is just like throwing gasoline on your muscle building fire.
- Nuts: This food item is perhaps a must for anyone struggling to build his body. They are perfect blend of fats, proteins and fiber. 1 ounce of almonds or cashew can provide your body with 150-170 high quality calories.
- Protein shake: Protein and carbohydrate shake should be the key element of your bodybuilding routine. Drinking this shake before working out will help you for optimal muscle growth.
- Cottage cheese: This food item has power of muscle-building, which comes from casein and slow-digesting dairy protein in it. Casein rises the level of blood amino acids slowly and keep their level. It also contains good bacteria that helps absorb nutrients.
- Lean beef: Lean beef has been at the top of the list of most effective muscle building foods. It contains a good combination of proteins including amino acids, creatine and vitamin B.
- Lentils: One cup of cooked lentils contains 18 grams of protein and 40 grams of slow-digesting quality carbohydrates.
- Salmon: It is another effective food for builders which is rich in high-quality protein and omega-3 fats.
Now, let’s have a look on perfect meals for a bodybuilder’s diet.
Meal # 1
- 6-9 oz. of lean beef
- 2 cups of pasta
- ¾ cup of broccoli
This meal contains 700 calories, 60 gm. protein, 13 gm. fat and 83 gm. Carbs
Beef is helpful for building muscles, pasta provides carbs and broccoli provides with a compound that helps with fat control.
Meal # 2
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 yam
- 1 cup peas, carrots and corn
This meal contains 603 calories, 69 gm. protein, 7 gm. fat and 61 gm. carbs.
It is a perfect combination of carbohydrates and lean protein. It increases the level of insulin in the blood and is ideal for muscle growth.
Meal # 3
- 1 cup of fat-free cottage cheese
- 4 slices of rye toast with 2 Tbsp. of grape jam
This meal contains 532 calories 35 gm. protein, 4 gm. fat and 89 gm. carbs.
Cottage cheese in this meal helps prevent muscle breakdown, jam rises insulin that is also beneficial for muscles and bread is slow-burning carb, which helps prevent fall in blood-sugar level.
In short, many food options that can be helpful for bodybuilders are available but it is important to consult your trainer before getting into any routine.