Properly coordinate the movements of this pose with the cow pose and sync them with your breathing pattern and you will feel reduced stiffness in your chest, abdomen and spine. The to and fro movement of the back and belly basically improves postural balance and relieves muscular stress.
Yoga poses tap into energy centers of your body and stimulate organ functions. This pose will help improve the kidneys and adrenal glands and will purify your blood and skin. The key is to relax through these poses and tingle your energy centers through a healthy strategy.
Keep it Simple!
This is a Beginner Pose, so aim at increasing flexibility and stretching stiff muscles.
- Face the floor and get on all fours. Hands in line with shoulders and knees in line with hips.
- As you inhale, stretch your head and buttocks upwards and you back and abdomen downwards (towards the floor)
- As you exhale cave your belly inwards and lift your back by lowering your head and buttocks. (look in towards your navel)
- Adjust your feet with the pose. When you Inhale use your toes for support. When you exhale release the toes into the resting position.
- Repeat for 5-8 breathes and feel your muscles flex.
Do not create an intense arch with your neck if you have suffered from a neck or head injury or a whiplash injury. Adjust to your limitations and pregnant women should avoid the pendulum movements of the abdomen. Do not create imbalance on your knees, wrists or toes. Divide weight on all 4s and toes evenly.